In collaboration with The Sports Consultancy, Substance was appointed to deliver the evaluation of the Rugby League World Cup 2021 Social Impact Programme.
Focusing on strands of work in education and volunteering in RLWC communities, Substance deployed a range of research methodologies to capture the stories of the tournament and demonstrate the impact the programme had on communities, and on developing Rugby League.
Quantitative surveys were combined with qualitative data in the form of interviews, observations and digital event focused data collection, and the research effectively demonstrated the programme had “meaningful impacts for those that watched, engaged, attended and took part”.
The mixed methods approach resulted in a rich, multi-faceted depiction of the RLWC2021 Social Impact Programme and its[BB3] impacts on the people and communities in which it took place, and a robust evaluation of its delivery.
• Surveys (audience, participants, stakeholders, staff)
• Data analysis (statistical, exploratory, descriptive) and visualisation
• Interviews (face-to-face and online)
• Focus Groups (face-to-face and online)
• Participant observation
• Digital qualitative tools
• Participant recruitment
• Statistical (descriptive, inferential, exploratory)
• Qualitative (content, thematic) using NVivo and other tools
• Full research reports in a variety of styles
• Infographic reports and other data visualization